The standard for guaranteed human rights in the United States degenerates with every killing of…
The citizens of Flint are organized and their demands are clear.
The Flint Coalition shared their demands over a conference call with partners and supporters across the US which was organized by Justice For All in collaboration with the Charter of Compassion.
We people of faith and interfaith resolved to support Flint by organizing a National Calling Week For Flint Feb 15-19. Please join us.
The Flint Coalition has the following four demands:
- All water pipes throughout the city of Flint must be changed.
- Pass the Stabenow/Peters/Kildee legislation in the Congress for financial support to Flint and persuade Governor Snyder to accept its conditions.
- Appoint an independent external auditor to monitor the influx of government capital to ensure it reaches the citizens.
- Maximum amount of funds must be kept in Flint by using local labor and contractors to revive the city’s economy.
Flint Coalition would like all citizens and organizations to amplify these demands through their elected officials.
Justice for All has developed the following material so that you can customize for your organization and network or to use as is:
- A sample letter to be customized and sent to your senators and representative
- A sample organizational resolution to be adopted and attached to the congressional delegation of your state.
- An Action Alert for all your members to use. You can either customize it with your organizational name or use Justice for All’s.
- A pdf file of the above action alert in case you don’t want to customize it.
- A sample press release you can send to your local media about what you and your community organizations are doing to help.
- A sample newsletter that your organization can use to email your listserv subscribers.
If you need help with customization, please feel free to contact Jennifer Sawicz, media relations director at Justice for All, by e-mailing email@example.com.
You can be part of a lasting solution for Flint. Please organize and mobilize your community in sending out action materials today.
This is the least we people of compassion can do.